Oily Skin Care - 12 Ways to Reduce Excess Sebum
Oily Skin Care Is Not Brain ScienceAds by Google
Do you suffer from overactive sebaceous glands? That is, oily, shiny skin, and large greasy-looking pores and blackheads? If so, you need to
educate yourself in effective oily skin care. We’ll provide you some solid guidelines that you will be able to follow to control
this annoying skin condition and improve the way you look and feel.
What causes your skin to become oily? Well, simply put, the sebaceous glands in your skin are producing more sebum (oil) than they
should. Like most skin disorders, there is usually some kind of imbalance in your body that causes this to happen.
Many skin disorders, oily skin being one of them, are inherited. Other factors that can cause your skin
to produce too much sebum include hormonal shifts, improper diet, humidity, heat, certain cosmetics, birth control pills, and
pregnancy. Proper oily skin care will help manage and correct this disorder.
Many adolescents and teenagers undergoing hormonal changes seem to bear the brunt of this undesirable condition. But the young are not
Though aging brings with it a decrease in the production of sebum, which causes our skin to become more dry, many adults continue to
have oily skin, if to a lesser degree than when they were young. The hormonal imbalances that occur in pregnant and menopausal women can
stimulate the sebaceous glands into over-excreting sebum, leading to oily complexions.
12 Oily Skin Care Tips
Here are 12 things you can do to improve your oily skin condition:
- Wash your skin with warm or tepid – not hot, not cold – water and use pure, gentle soap containing no additives and no alcohol.
Wash two or three times a day. Washing too often can lead to an overreaction of the sebaceous glands, resulting in the production of more
Note: Keeping your skin clean is essential to having healthy, radiant skin. Using a quality cleansing mask once every other
week will help you remove toxins from your skin and help to rejuvenate it. We have found a company with a great reputation and
wonderful all natural products. Their skin cleansing mask is top notch, all natural, and very affordable.
Click Active Cleansing Mask for details.
- Use oil-free (noncomedogenic) moisturizers and sunscreen to keep your skin supple and reduce the excess shinyness. (People under 30
will not require moisturizers if they have excessively oily skin.)
Note: To get the most out of a good, natural cleansing mask, as noted above in item #1, you might want to consider
complementing it with a deep active hydrating mask. Use this hydrating mask once every other week, on the weeks you are not using the
cleansing mask. Having your skin pampered by one or the other 30-minute mask treatments once a week will help you attain skin that
is cleaner, healthier, and more beautiful.
Click Active Hydrating Mask for details.
- Use a deep-cleaning exfoliant if you have scaly oily skin. (Try using every other night followed by a light touch of
Note: Or see item #1 note regarding cleansing masks.
- Adequate hydration is an important component of oily skin care. Drink lots of clean water regularly to keep your skin
hydrated and to flush out toxins.
- Reduce intake of sugars, salt, chocolate, and fried foods. Avoid cooking with any oils.
- Avoid carbonated beverages and reduce alcohol consumption.
- Eat low-fat, protein-rich foods, whole grains, fresh fruits and leafy green vegetables.
- Smart, effective oily skin care and smoking do not go together. Find a way to stop smoking. Smoking causes pores to enlarge
and harms the skin, among other of your body’s organs.
- Take a good complete multi-vitamin suitable for your sex and age so that you are not deficient in iron, B2, and all other essential
vitamins and minerals.
- Use only facial care products and cosmetics that are designed specifically for oily skin.
- Practice common sense good skin care basics for overall skin health and take care of your mind, body and spirit.
- Try a number of all natural skin care techniques and see which ones work best for
Some people have what’s known as combination skin, whereby certain areas of the skin are oily and others are dry. Interestingly, oily
skin ages more slowly than other types of skin. That means fewer wrinkles! Just the same, too much sebum, as we know, is not too much of a
For help with oily skin, we recommend you take a look at the company that offers the products we talk about in items #1 and #2
Click Natural Skin Care Products.
These folks do things the right way and have a lot of happy customers to show for it. They break down their skin care products
by gender, age group, and skin care need. Their products will help you manage your oily skin and help you achieve healthier, radiant
There is no mystery to treating oily skin.
Click Oily Skin Care for more information.Ads by Google