How to Get Healthy Skin So You Can Look Your Best
Learning How to Get Healthy Skin Is Not HardAds by Google
If you want to learn how to get healthy skin, you must learn to respect yourself and your body. You may not want to hear this,
but I will say it to you anyway.
If you want better skin, skin that is healthy and attractive, you need to do some things you may not want to do, and stop doing some
things you love to do.
It’s all about you and what you decide is important to you, and making a commitment to do what it takes to make
what is important to you a reality. If having healthy, beautiful skin is more important to you than smoking, for example, you will stop
If smoking is more important to you, then you might as well not continue reading this article.
Still with me? Good. You’ve learned the first lesson for how to get healthy skin: do the things that will help
you obtain your goal, and avoid the things that will make you fail in achieving your goal.
I’m not saying changing the way you look – and believe me, the condition of your skin will change the way you
look, for better or for worse – will be easy to do… Got that? Changing the quality of the largest organ of your body, your skin, will not
be easy to do.
Who Is the Biggest Loser?
Have you ever watched that clever weight loss show, The Biggest Loser? What a great idea! Showing everyday people setting goals and doing what it takes to achieve those goals, not in
one felt swoop, but gradually, through a daily commitment to doing what is necessary to achieve that goal.
Not easy, by any means. Pretty hard, actually. Sometimes heart-breakingly hard. But so do-able! Sometimes
wanting the best things requires your best effort. But in the end it is worth it!
Still with me? Yes, I see that you are. That’s great news because you have now mastered the second lesson for
how to get healthy skin: getting healthy beautiful skin will not be easy, but if you commit yourself, on a daily basis, to doing what is
good for your skin and avoiding what is bad for your skin, you (and others) will see a marked improvement in your skin over time, and you
will feel it too!
Some things are worth sacrificing for. Some people will see results in a few days, others may
take weeks or months, depending on the condition of your skin and the kind of damage or aging you will have to overcome.
So now you know that getting healthy beautiful skin requires a daily commitment to doing
some things and avoiding other things and understanding this is a process that won’t be easy because you will be changing certain things in your
life and breaking old bad habits.
But you embark on this journey knowing that you will achieve your goal of healthy
attractive skin if that is the goal you have set for yourself.
16 How to Get Healthy Skin Do's and Dont's
Learn to identify the do’s and don’t’s of good skin care. What are some of those do’s
- Don’t allow the sun to turn your skin into caliche crust (that hard cracked earth that appears in severe
draught areas). Not only will the sun dry and age your skin prematurely, leading to deep wrinkles, it will set the stage for skin
cancer down the road.
- Do apply a suitable sunscreen protector and wear protective hats and garments if you have to be in the sun
for any extended period (more than 15 minutes per day).
- Don't smoke, unless you want your skin to look drab and grayish and wrinkled.
- Don’t use commercial soaps for washing or bathing, as these tend to over-dry your
- Do use gentle, cleansers that are free of dyes and perfumes.
- Don’t wash with hot water, which dries out your skin.
- Do wash with tepid water to preserve the natural oils of your skin.
- Do use a good gentle moisturizer after washing to protect your skin against over-drying, especially after
- Do exfoliate weekly to remove dead cells and stimulate the development of new skin cells.
- Do drink lots of fresh water every day to flush out toxins and keep your body and skin healthy and
- Do eat right. That means lots of whole grains, low fat, protein-rich foods, leafy green vegetables, and
- Do exercise every day to promote healthy blood and oxygen circulation for your heart and to nourish your
skin and all the organs of your body.
- Do get plenty of sleep and rest in order to repair your body and rebuild it at the cellular level.
- Do take vitamin and supplements suitable for your gender and age to preclude any deficiencies and to meet
all your daily vitamin and mineral requirements.
- Do what is most appropriate for your skin type (this could be a whole separate lesson for learning how to
get healthy skin); if you have oily skin, for example, don’t use a moisturizer aimed at dry skin; if you have dry skin, don’t wash your
face as often.
- Do use quality skin care products to enhance the beauty of your healthy skin if you would like to see even
better results. See our article on how to review skin care products so that you can make informed buying decisions.
How to Get Healthy Skin Starting Today
Learn how to get healthy skin by following the tips in this article and by exploring the wealth of information
available to you on our website. The discipline and art of learning how to get healthy skin requires a whole lot of commitment coupled with
a little knowledge and a substantial dose of common sense.
Ads by Google