How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes
Learning How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes Is A ProcessAds by Google
How to get rid of dark circles under eyes can seem a hopeless cause
for some people. Maybe you’ve tried unsuccessfully to get rid of those dark puffy bags under
Dark circles under the eyes give those who suffer from this condition an
unhealthy, unattractive appearance. They make you look old and unhappy.
People look at you and may think any number of things, that you are highly stressed, or
unkempt, or even a heavy drinker.
Fortunately, you don’t have to put up with this. Finding out how to get rid
of dark circles under eyes is not difficult. We have several useful tips to get you started.
First off, before you can obtain better skin and learn
how to get rid of dark circles under eyes, it’s helpful to understand the underlying causes.
That black-bluish bruise-like color that appears under the eyes, where the skin is
especially thin, is actually the result of blood pooling in those areas.
7 Factors that Contribute to Dark Circles Under Eyes
Figuring out how to get rid of dark circles under eyes requires that you understand the seven main factors that
can lead to this condition.
- Poor diet - lack of vitamins and antioxidants.
- Dehydration - not enough pure drinking water, too much coffee.
- Lack of sleep - cells in the body and skin cannot regenerate effectively, leading to damaged skin cells.
- Sleeping face down - blood settles under the eyes causing darkening of area.
- Lack of exercise - leads to poor circulation, weaker immune system, fatigue.
- Stress - which can lead to poor diet, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, fatigue.
- Allergies and related respiratory ailments such as sinus infections - weaker immune system, congestion,
allergic skin reactions, fatigue.
6 Tips for How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Address any underlying conditions (see list above) that may contribute to
those dark circles under the eyes. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day, get more rest, avoid allergens as much as possible (take
antihistamines if necessary), reduce exposure to things that cause stress in your life (regular exercise helps reduce stress while it keeps
your circulatory system working optimally to nourish your skin).
- Practice overall good skin care techniques. (Check out Good Skin Care: 14 Ways to Improve Your Skin - this article outlines the
most important fundamental things you can do to achieve better skin. It doesn’t make sense to try to correct any skin
condition until you have laid a solid foundation of good skin care.)
- Make fixing your diet a fundamental step for how to get rid of dark
circles under eyes. Beta carotene has been shown to have a healthy effect on the eyes. Eat foods high in beta carotene, such as
vegetables, especially spinach and carrots, and fruits like mango and papaya. A good all natural drink you might consider for helping
alleviate dark circles under the eyes can be prepared by combining tomato and lemon juices with mint leaves and a
pinch of salt.
- Use different foods in different ways to make those dark circles under
the eyes go away.
- Cut a cucumber into thin slices and place a slice
directly over each eye. You may look funny when you do it, but the cool texture will help make the skin around your eyes lighter. Keep the
slices on your eyes for at least 15 minutes. You can also apply used tea bags under your eyes.
- Pour tomato juice into a wide-mouthed glass with a
small amount of lemon juice and mix. Use a cotton ball to dip into the mixture and then gently dab the area under your eyes. Doing this twice
a day will help reduce those dark circles.
- Another fundamental step for how to get rid of dark circles under
eyes is to protect your eyes from the sun by using sunscreen and wearing sunglasses. Sun exposure can quickly cause puffiness and
swelling in sensitive areas where the skin is thinner than normal, such as under the eyes.
- Be gentle with your skin, particularly around the eyes. The skin there is thin and rubbing that area can
rupture tiny blood vessels and cause bruising.
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes Techniques Vary
Not all these methods for how to get rid of dark circles under eyes will be practical for everyone.
You may not want to prepare your own concoction twice a day, or cut cucumber slices and leave them on your eyes for fifteen minutes each
These are good techniques to use but may not offer the time-savings and convenience of an effective eye cream
formulated specifically to get rid of dark circles under the eyes. If that is the case you might want to try a product that
has gotten rave reviews from users.
Try putting into practice the tips we’ve presented here if you are serious about learning how to get
rid of the dark circles under your eyes.
Ads by Google